Thursday, August 17, 2017

Victory belonged to a Woman.

Thank you Ogden City for advancing me past the Primaries into the General.
I am honored by your trust in me as a leader to help you make the decisions that affect your lives. I want to work hard to make sure your lives are better. That everyone in Ogden prospers. 
Ogden is n Art, Farming, Healing & Health based community.
We are Western mixed with New York.
A city built upon tourism, affordability & lifestyle. 
Ogden is growing & as we move forward into the future we need to recognize the symptoms of gentrification, lower taxes, build a stable tax base, improve business, build for the future & use all of our resources wisely.
We must not be overtaxed, over-regulated & underrepresented. I want to reverse an atmosphere that is stifling to the common businessman & woman. I want business to grow & grow properly.
We need to build our city's inner city infrastructure to maximize revenue from tourism, build to increase profits from sales in our city center & anchor the community to shopping downtown instead of mega centers.
We need walk-able communities with small stores to stimulate small business throughout the community connected by walk able paths to foster our image as a health minded community where business thrives.
In short: Ogden is going to grow & we need to grow right or mega big business will ruin our city.
We have to maintain our small town big city culture, hold back harmful developments that stifle creativity & stop taxing lower income citizens into moving out.
These are just some of my thoughts as we move past the Primary into the Genera for Ogden City Council. I want to represent you & let your voice be heard.
I would ask for your vote this November.
Parting thought. During the Meet the Candidate debate I stated my hero was Judge Deborah of the Bible. A woman Israel would not go to war without unless it was stated, "Victory belonged to a Woman".
Today, "Victory belonged to a woman" & it felt great.
Thank you Ogden for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Products that help ensure a healthier & happier baby 🙏🏻

My husband & I are preparing to try to conceive a baby. When trying to conceive what happens months before the pregnancy can effect the...